BOARD OF EDUCATION
NOTICE OF VACANCY
The Bridgewater-Raritan Regional Board of Education seeks qualified candidates for the position of Board Member representing Raritan Borough. The selected candidate will serve as a member of the Board of Education in an expired term through December 2022. Those individuals interested in being considered for the position must meet all of the following qualifications required by the N.J.S.A. Title 18A:
· a citizen of the United States of America
· at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
· able to read and write
· a resident of Raritan for at least one year preceding the date of appointment
· not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
· a registered voter in the district
· not convicted of a disqualifying crime pursuant to N.J.S.A.18A:12-1
Those interested in being considered for the vacancy must submit an Application to Fill a Board of Education Member Vacancy, letter of intent and a resume. Applications can be obtained via the District website. Applications must be received in the Board office by 4:00 p.m. on July 11, 2022.
Please submit the application and resume to the Board Secretary via email at: email@example.com
* Please note that if the individual who is appointed to the Board wishes to continue to serve in this seat beyond December 2022, the remainder of the term will go on the ballot, and is filled at the November 2022 annual school election. The deadline to file a nominating petition to run with the County Clerk is July 25, 2022.