One of the many things that many of us remember about our childhood was the excitement of going to school for Halloween and seeing the display of students wearing their costumes. We will be allowing our children to come to school dressed in costume on Thursday, October 31st. We will embrace the Halloween spirit and infuse this day’s joy for children into our academics. Pre-K through Gr. 4 students may come to school WEARING their costumes.
In order for the day to be successful, we need your cooperation by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Students are asked to wear costumes that DO NOT include:
- Gory or Violent subjects (blood, and/or bodily injury depictions)
- Weapons – swords, guns, rifles, knives, etc.
- Materials or masks that inhibit vision, breathing, or ability to read and write. Masks may be worn during the parade only if it does not hinder the ability to see.
- Inappropriate sayings, symbols, or offensive representations.
- Students may not wear make-up on their face that renders them unidentifiable in case of an emergency.
- Costumes that will not allow them to navigate the school environment (e.g. Butterfly wings, dragging capes/dresses).
- No face painting IN school (All costume alterations and adjustments need to be made before coming to school)
- We will not allow children to have costumes dropped off or change into costumes during the day. This means they need to wear something they can be comfortable in at specials class (gym, art, music).
Parents will be called for students who come to school with questionable costumes or those that are deemed inappropriate for school.
HALLOWEEN CLASSROOM CELEBRATIONS
The teachers and class parents will work together to organize the celebration. Please be sure to refrain from treats with peanuts, tree nuts, or related allergens. Due to the number of students and parents in the Adamsville community only classroom parents and one other helper may join the children for the classroom celebrations. This number will not exceed three adults. Many children will be enjoying traditional Halloween festivities that afternoon. Class celebrations should be focused on healthier enjoyable snacks.
The parade for P.M. Kindergarten through grade 4 students will start at 1:50 P.M.
View Parade Route
The A.M. Kindergarten and Pre-K parade will start at 10:00 AM
View Parade Route
Parents/guardians are invited to watch the parade as students march outside. No students will be dismissed until returning to their classroom with their teacher and packing up for the end of the day. Directly after the conclusion of our parade dismissal for students will begin. Parents should enter the building through the APR doors.
Parent/guardian who submitted the Adamsville Halloween Sign-Out Permission Slip form prior to 10/24 will be able to sign out their child in the classroom. The sign-out permission slip form is attached. Once in the APR all parents going to the classroom will have to sign in and obtain an Adamsville Halloween Guest Pass. Staff members will then direct you to your child’s class to sign out your son or daughter. Dismissal has not changed for children who normally walk or get picked up by someone. We will continue to have a staff member bring them down to the APR.
In case of inclement weather, students will parade around the school gymnasium and/or APR. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate parents in this situation. Parents will pick up students at dismissal.
We look forward to an exciting day!